Table of contents
Each track entry, that you add to a track, has a context menu.
To open the context menu, click on the track resource and then click the ellipse ()
Use the context menu to do the following:
- Open in a new window—To opens the entry in a new browser window.
- Show history—To see track members interact with the entry.
- Show comments—To see comments that track members leave on the entry.
- Show approvals—To manage the approval of a track entry.
Viewing track entry history
Each track entry has its own history, that records the following:
- When a track member uploads content.
- The last time each track member views the content.
Viewing track entry comments
Each track entry, has its own comments channel. Use the comments channel to work with other track members.
If you click a comment, you can reply underneath it. Send replies if you need to leave feedback relating to a specific comment, reducing the number of messages sent to the comment channel.
You cannot link comment channels to the track chat channel, or with other chat integrations.
See also: Chatting with track members
Managing track entry approvals
As a track coordinator, or collaborator, you can request the approval of a track entry, from track members.
To request an approval for a track entry:
- Open the show approvals panel.
- Provide the email addresses of approvers. Approvers have to be track members.
- Click Request.
- Challo sends an email notification to the approvers.
You can then manage the approval, by doing the following tasks:
- To remove an approver, click the cross next to their name ().
- To add more people to the approval, enter their email address and click Request.
To complete an outstanding approval request:
- Open the Show approvals panel.
- As you require, click Approve or Decline.
- If you upload a new version, or update the content of a track entry, Challo maintains approval responses from previous versions. The approval status does not change or reset.
- You can request approval from an a track member more than once.
Approving track content for presentation
As a track coordinator, you can configure the track presentation permissions to only allow the presentation of content that has approval during a meeting—see: Track presentation permissions.
See also: Presenting content during a meeting.