Table of contents
Each track has a chat channel that you use to chat with other track members.
To chat with track members, do one of the following:
Messages that you send to the track are visible to all track members.
Chat is persistent. If you leave a track, then come back later, the chat messages remain.
You can also:
- Hold conversations with individuals or groups away from a track. See: Using chat.
- Comment on specific track entities. See: Using the track entry context menu.
For more information about chat, see: Using chat.
Meetings guests are participants you invite to meetings, that are not track members.
During a meeting, the track channel is open to meeting guests. During a meeting, guests can do the following:
- See messages on the track chat channel during the meeting.
- Send messages to the track chat channel, during a meeting.
- Meeting guests cannot see any channel history before they join the meeting.
- After a meeting guest leaves, they can no longer see any historical messages.
- If there are guests present, track members see a message warning them that guests can see their messages.
If you are not viewing the track chat, Challo sends desktop and mobile notifications for chat messages. See: Receiving notifications from Challo.
You can link the following chat channels integrations to your Challo track:
- Slack channel
- Microsoft Teams channel
After you link a chat channel with your track messages transfer between both chats:
- Messages that you send to the track chat are sent to the channels you link to.
- Messages that you send in a chat channel are sent to the track chat.
You can link more than one channel with a track, so that you can relay and federate messages between all channels.
For example, if you link a Slack channel and a Microsoft Teams channel with your track. Someone using Slack can send messages to someone using Microsoft Teams. Track members not using either channel can use the track chat to send messages.
To link a channel to a track:
- Add the chat channel to the track.
See: Using the Add menu to share application content.
- Open the chat channel.
- Click the ellipse () > Link channel