To join a meeting using your browser, Challo requires access to your microphones and cameras.
When you join a meeting for the first time, your browser prompts you because Challo wants to use your microphone and camera.
The way that your browser prompts you to ask for permission depends on the browser that you are using. Typically, click Allow, to let Challo use your microphone and camera.
If you do not see the prompt, or do not allow Challo to use your microphone and camera, you have to change your browser permissions.
To change your browser permissions, use the following table:
|Google Chrome||Use your camera & microphone|
|Mozilla Firefox||How to Manage Your Camera and Microphone Permissions with Firefox|
|Microsoft Edge||Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy|
|Safari||Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac|
After changing the permissions, you have to reload the meeting, so that Challo can request to use your microphone and camera again.
If Challo cannot use your microphone, you can join the meeting by phone.
Check your settings in the following ways:
- On the Check your settings dialog before you click Continue to meeting to enter a meeting
- During a meeting, if you click SETTINGS
From the settings panel, you can change the following:
- Select and verify your Camera
- A preview area displays the camera input.
- Select and verify your Microphone:
- The sound meter below the microphone drop-down-box displays the audio input from the microphone you choose.
- Select your Speakers:
- Click TEST AUDIO to play a sound
- To adjust the volume, use the Volume bar.
- Toggle MICROPHONE to enable or disable your microphone before you join the meeting.
- Toggle CAMERA to enable or disable your camera before you join the meeting.
If you plug in a microphone or camera device too soon, your browser may not detect the device. This means that the new device is not available on the Settings dialog.