If you are using Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, or other applications, track members share content directly from these file hosting services, rather than upload files using Challo.
The way you share content from these applications can vary depending on the features the applications allow.
You can share resources from other applications on a Challo track in the following ways:
- Copy a link to share the resource, then add the link to a track.
- Email your Challo assistant and include the link to share the resource.
- If the application allows, share the resource with your Challo assistant email address.
- If you have a Challo application integration, use the ADD menu on the track.
When you view application content in a track, you use the same identity that you login to Challo with to access the content.
If your identity has access to the content, you can view the content as yourself.
If your identity cannot normally view the content, because your identity does not have permission to view it, Challo can create a PDF for you to view.
For Challo to create a PDF of application content, Challo requires access to the content.
Challo creates a new PDF for those who need it, each time they view the content.
- If you authenticate with Google to use Challo, you access Google Drive content with the same identity and with your normal privileges.
- If you authenticate with Microsoft to use Challo, you access Microsoft Office 365 content with the same identity and with your normal privileges.
- If you authenticate with Google to use Challo, you see a PDF of Microsoft Office 365 content if your identity cannot access the document with normal privileges.
For Challo to create a PDF for track members who cannot normally view the application content, Challo requires access to the application content.
Office suite integrations or application integrations give Challo access to content.
Typically, your tenant’s administrator configures an office suite integration, or application integration, so you do not have to do anything.
The application accounts that a tenant’s administrator configures are available to all members of your organization to use.
Your tenant’s administrator can also allow you to manage your own accounts for application integrations.
To share a document, use the ADD menu, see: Using application on the Add menu.
Alternatively, you can provide Challo access to content yourself, by sharing the content with Challo from the application, in one of the following ways:
- Share the resource with your Challo track assistant email address.
- Important: It is possible that the anonymous sharing link remains on your track, remove it if necessary.
- Share the resource with your Challo assistant email address.
- Important: By doing this, any member of a track in your tenancy can view the resource, if they have a shareable link. This includes members of other tracks who previously could not access to the resources, even with a link.
- If your Challo assistant has a mailbox inside your organization, make the resource available to anyone in your organization, then share a link on the track.
- Make the resource available to the public, then share a link on the track.
After you add content to a track, use the following table to determine how content behaves for your track members:
|Accessible to Challo||Not accessible to Challo|
|Accessible to your identity||You access the content as yourself, with the same identity.||
|Not accessible to your identity||Challo retrieves the file and produces a PDF to view, unless the services takes precedence.||