Using Challo to manage a long term objective
This article is part of a series of articles about learning how to use Challo. To start the series see: Learning to use Challo.
The following table describes an example scenario that you can use Challo for:
|You have a new business opportunity, but you need more information from some of your colleagues. In this article we use email to control Challo our track.
|Starting a new track
- You write an email outlining a new business opportunity.
- In the body of the email you include a link to a relevant document you keep in your organization’s Google Drive.
- You also attach a PDF of the plan of action for the opportunity.
- You are missing some important information from a colleague, so in your email, you request that they share it with you.
- You send the email to the follow recipients:
- your Challo assistant.
- one of your colleagues who is also working with you.
- Challo creates a new track and then emails you with the details to access it.
Your new track includes:
- A copy of your email
- An entry for the link to google drive
- An entry for your PDF
See: Starting a track using email
|Requesting information from your colleague
||When your colleague has the information to share with you, they use reply-to-all to email a response to you and your Challo assistant. Your track records their reply. If they attach documents to their email, you can find them on the track too.
See: Sending content to a track
|Asking your colleague questions
||You read the information your colleague provides, but you have questions for them. You use the text chat on the track to ask your questions.
See: Chatting with track members
- Use your existing email client to collate information from different sources on tracks.
- Tracks remain active while they have purpose.
- Share information from their existing tool set.
- Find a suitable time to reply, by using notifications of track updates.
- Teams that work together over a long duration or across projects keep focus.
- Emails, chat, and documents about the project are all together on the track.