Table of contents
If you are using Microsoft Office 365 or Google Suite to manage an email domain for your organization, configure the mailbox of your Challo assistant.
In this article, the mailbox of the Challo assistant is:
casperis the primary alias of the mailbox.
- The Challo assistant uses dynamic aliases to target tracks, in the following format:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Challo assigns a unique value to
aliasfor each track.
- Your mail server forwards emails in this format to the mailbox of your Challo assistant.
- Google Suite, by default performs this.
- Microsoft Office 365 requires further configuration—see: Configuring Microsoft Exchange for Challo
If you do not configure an assistant mailbox, the CafeX assistant sends emails from
email@example.com when necessary.
As a tenant’s administrator, to setup the Challo assistant to use a mailbox:
- Create a mailbox for the assistant:
- From your Challo menu, click Tenant settings
- Click Email
- Complete the mailbox configuration for your assistant to use.
Attribute Description Mailbox The mailbox identity of your Challo assistant. For example: casper Domain The domain of your Challo assistant’s mailbox. For example: example.com Display Name the display name the assistant presents in the emails it sends. For example: Casper Mode Important: Unless Challo instructs you, set this to Unseen. The Challo assistant processes unread emails, before it marks them read.
- If you are configuring a Microsoft Office 365 suite, specify connection details for your Exchange Server:
Attribute Description Password The mailbox password for your Challo assistant. Server The address of your IMAP email server. For example: outlook.office365.com Port The IMAP email server port. For example: 993 SMTP Server The address of your SMTP server. For example: smtp.office365.com SMTP Port The port of your SMTP server. For example: 587 SMTP Encryption The encryption method to use to connect to your SMTP Server.
For Microsoft Exchange use: STARTTLS
If you are configuring another Exchange server, these hostnames and ports must be accessible from Challo.
- Alternatively, if you provide a SendGrid API key for outbound messages, emails that your Challo assistant sends originate from SendGrid. See: SendGrid—API keys
- Click Update
As a system administrator, in your Exchange Server configure the following mail flow settings:
- To receive email from outside of your organization, set the accepted domain to use internal relay
See: Managed accepted domains in Exchange Online
- Create a rule to forward emails to the mailbox of the Challo assistant with the following:
Attribute Description Name The name of your Challo assistant mail flow rule.
For example: Challo Assistant rule
Apply this rule if… Set this to:
The recipient address includes… The primary alias of your Challo assistant mailbox.
Do the following… Redirect the message to… Your Challo Assistant
The mail flow rule for the mailbox for
firstname.lastname@example.org appear as the following:
- To allow Challo to read calendar events in the Challo assistant mailbox, enable the follow IMAP option:
Send event invitations in iCalendar format
After you fill in the mailbox settings, to verify that Challo can connect to your assistant mailbox, click Validate email config.
Challo uses the configuration you provide to:
- Connect to the mailbox to check that Challo can read emails it receives.
- Make a request to send an email from the mailbox. Challo does not verify that it receives the email, only that the request to send an email is successful.
If the validation is not successful, there is an error message that Challo receives during the attempt to connect to the mailbox.